ESV Verse of the Day

Friday, March 6, 2009

Going Potty in a Public Place

Today, Bella had her well-child. So it's two months after her third birthday, but better late than never. While we were in waiting room, she said that she had to go potty and wanted to do it all by herself. I convinced her that Ezra and I needed to come with and she could go into the stall by herself. Of course, she locked the door and sat there for what seemed 30 minutes (I didn't have my watch on but it probably took that long). During this time, she started singing, "Ba Ba Black Sheep" at the top of her lungs. Every few minutes, I would peek out in the waiting room to see if any medical staff were waiting for us. Everyone seemed to be smiling at me and I knew why. Meanwhile my 21 month old BOY was wanting to get into trouble in the bathroom. Somewhere in the midst of this she announced that she needed to go poo. Ten minutes later, I told her that she should be done going poo and should come and unlock the door. Meanwhile, the kind Janitor was waiting outside wanting to clean. But she continued to sing "Ba Ba Black Sheep." Finally, she said she had accomplished the deed. Okay, I guess she did have to go afterall. She opened the door and came out and as I was helping her wash her hands, Ezra went into the stall where she came from. Did he try flushing the toilet, or play with the toilet brush? No. He found the in case of an emergency, pull this cord and did just that. I was so embarrassed. As they turned off the switch, the person said, "Ma'am, can you please hurry? We need to get her screened in." What exactly am I supposed to do?! I have a three year old who has finally just become comfortable enough to go poo on the potty and it takes her forever and she locked the door!!!!

Then, as the medic was checking her out, he was checking her eyes. He would ask her what letter he was pointing to and Ezra would yell, "C!" What letter is this, Bella? Ezra yells, "H!" That didn't work out so well. At least my 21 month old knows his letters.

When I got home, I had a headache.

1 comment:

Sara Lou said...

Don't you think they should provide a sibling care nurse?? LOL! When Hayley had her big eye exam last year, she all of a sudden forgot every letter, every animal and every shape. I had to prompt her & the Doc said "That isn't telling me that she sees what it is... she's just answering your question." :P so I went to the hallway.