ESV Verse of the Day

Thursday, May 15, 2008

A World Record and Daddy's Car

Yesteday was an exciting evening at Illesheim Air Field. We broke a world record for the largest human formation yellow ribbon. The new record is 1,385. Bella, Ezra and I were part of that number. BTW, those of you who are not familiar with Illesheim, it's one of the smallest posts in the Armed Forces. The PX (Army department store) doesn't even sell clothes. Of course, folks came up from Katterbach too (another small post, but not as small as Illesheim). Needless to say, it's quite amazing they hold a world record for anything.

On a more somber note, we walked by where Daniel works (when he is here) and I popped my head in the back door parking the stroller by his car which was right at the bottom of the steps. I pointed out his car to Bella and I asked her, "What is that?" She used to get so excited whenever she saw Daddy's car or any car that looked like his. It was a real treat to be able to ride in Daddy's car. Her only response was a not anything to get overexcited about, "a car." Duh, Mom. What else would it be?! Needless to say, I almost cried.

1 comment:

Christine Short said...

Sniff sniff. I know the feeling and I almost cried with you. They do know Daddy though. And she will soon enough remember his car. We kept pictures of Daddy posted on Logan's bed along with all the letters. He also carried his photo album with pics of dad and him and all his favorite things with him all the time. You're doing an awesome job. Keep it up!